May 11, 2009

Week 18












End of Week 18 Status:
Weight: 152 lbs.
Estimated Baby Size: Large Heirloom Tomato

We are at 19 weeks, day 5 today. We finally resolved the issue of getting internet connected at our new house, yay! Week 18 was full of excitement. In preparation for our move, we got to work on improving the new house. Believe it or not, I have been very involved in the toils of home-ownership.

I have had lots of energy, and keeping busy has been great. We put in some nice hard flooring in our dining room and reading room, and Andy did some tiling in the kitchen. My favorite part was revamping the landscape of our much neglected lawn. Once we put a contract on the house, the bank was obviously no longer interested in maintaining it....it was a jungle! However, after buying a lawn mower, some weed & feed, mulch, and renting a tiller, we were able to produce a pretty nifty design. It was a lot of hard work, but it was definitely worth it to me. I love our yard! I will post pics at the end of this blog.

In Gorthar news, taking his/her cue from his/her parents, the little one has been extremely active this past week. I have been feeling the ever-growing strength of his/her jabs and punches. My mom has told me that one of us (I don't remember who she said) used to kick her in the ribs when she was trying to fall asleep at night...that sounds less cute...but still kind of cute.

In the midst of the moving chaos, we received some less exciting news. My sister-in-law Shelly lost the baby this past week. She is very strong though, and they have decided to keep trying. I know that everything will happen when the time is right, and I will have a beautiful niece or nephew.

Well, I better get back to this week's project....stripping the paint, priming, and repainting the guest bedroom, and the main bathroom. A lot less fun than landscaping, especially since I have to wear all sorts of dust and fumigation masks, ha.

Talk to you next week!


Before/After

1 comment:

  1. Your house looks a lot like our first house on Ave 76 on the outside. Yours is much nicer on the inside and has much nicer landscaping. obviously you have put a lot of yourselves into making it your own. Andy doesn't remember Ave. 76. He was just under a year old when we moved to Ave. 60.

    ReplyDelete